Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Memory Jar

Perhaps you've seen this while scrolling through Tumblr. Or perhaps your not hipster enough for Tumblr since that is where most of them reside. Either way, that's where I saw it first and I COMPLETELY fell in love with the idea.

The premise is that you get a jar/box/holding receptacle (it really doesn't matter, mine's a Kleenex box so you really can't get any lower than that.) and put little pieces of paper with all the things you want to remember. Any little moments that made you smile, giggle or cry in a good way. Any conversations you don't want to be forgetting any time soon. Any events that really made your day.

I like putting funny quotes I heard during the day, any achievements I've managed to complete and anything that brought a smile to my face.

So as you do that, the papers build up and you've got yourself a boxful of memories to remind you why life, yours in particular, is awesome! You can reread them at the end of the month, year or whenever you're feeling down or just need a laugh. It totally helps keep your memory fresh on all those things that you never want to forget.

Heck yes grainy phone camera pictures.

2 comments:

  1. I'm also doing this! So far have only about 12-15 papers though. I plan to read through all of them at the end of the year. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! I'm sure you'll have forgotten all the 12-15 you've written now by the end of the year so it will be an awesome surprise rereading them!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...